Inspectors investigate complaints regarding the Animal Control Ordinance.
Animal owners must comply with the following ordinance rules:
- Dogs may not run at large. Your pet must be on a leash when it is off your property.
- All dogs over 6 months of age must have a current dog license.
- Keeping a dog which disturbs neighbors by barking is not permitted.
- Pet owners must remove any animal waste deposited by their animal on public or private property.
Things that every pet owner should know:
- Patrol Hours: Officers are patrolling your neighborhoods from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Officers are also on call 24 hours for emergency situations, 7 days a week.
- Call us at 574.235.9303 to report: animals that are stray, injured, neglected, lost or found; animal bites; nuisance and cruelty complaints; wildlife problems
- Humane capture cage program to address stray cat and dog problems.
- Adoption and reclaim hours
- Dead animals on roads inside the City Limits, please call 311 or submit a request online.